Thursday, May 25, 2017

Weekly Reflection of 05/15/2017

This week I was able to start programming my 3D shunt for my independent research project! I am starting to get used to FreeCAD, the program I am using, and Andy is helping me a lot with all of the computer-dependent parts of my procedure. I was also able to find a suitable spring in a pen, which will be good for the expected water pressure. During my free time, I was able to finish my introduction and procedure, and will revise these as necessary as I get more information from hands-on experiences!

I also got information back from some medical companies regarding obtaining a shunt. It seems that it will not be possible to buy a shunt from a medical retailer, but there was hope for a demo valve from MedicalExpo. Although the product would be free, the shipping would cost $110 from France, so I had to turn this down. I will continue to look for a valve or shunt, but might have to keep my project to just seeing if printing a 3D valve is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment